From: owner-mad-mission-digest@smoe.org (mad-mission-digest) To: mad-mission-digest@smoe.org Subject: mad-mission-digest V9 #174 Reply-To: mad-mission@smoe.org Sender: owner-mad-mission-digest@smoe.org Errors-To: owner-mad-mission-digest@smoe.org Precedence: bulk * If you ever wish to unsubscribe, send an email to * mad-mission-digest-request@smoe.org * with ONLY the word unsubscribe in the body of the email * . * For the latest information on Patty's tour dates, go to: * http://www.pattygriffin.net/PattyInConcertDB.php * OR * go to http://www.atorecords.com * . * PLEASE :) when you reply to this digest to send a post TO the list, * change the subject to reflect what your post is about. A subject * of Re: mad-mission-digest V8 #___ gives readers no clue * as to what your message is about. * Also, PLEASE do not quote an entire digest when you reply to the * list. Edit out anything you are not referring to. mad-mission-digest Tuesday, September 13 2005 Volume 09 : Number 174 Today's Subjects: ----------------- Re: MM: Re: song request issue ["Charles Ott" ] Re: MM: Hey List Mon . . . [Sharon Bolton ] Re: MM: Re: song request issue [Jon45678@aol.com] ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 22:45:07 +0000 From: "Charles Ott" Subject: Re: MM: Re: song request issue It's all good. But it's gravy. They don't owe us. Patty is friendly in her shy way. I met her in a meet and greet and she signed my guitar and interacted with my son. She actually seemed to want to spend more time with him - I got the iimpression she likes quality interactions, that she felt uncomfortable with the "small-talkishness" of it all. And she was sick, or just getting over being sick, if I remember correctly. Patty Griffin isn't, by any strech, ungiving to her fans. Everybody's different, different styles.

From: "Paul Russell" <iceburrrg@hotmail.com>
To: mad-mission@smoe.org
Subject: Re: MM: Re: song request issue
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 18:30:44 -0400

------------------------------ Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 20:37:08 -0400 From: Sharon Bolton Subject: Re: MM: Hey List Mon . . . Julie, Julie, Julie! You are the first person I can agree with 110%!!! I love Patty and I don't care about any of the rest. THANK YOU! Sharon:-} On Thursday, September 8, 2005, at 10:47 PM, Charles Ott wrote: > Please keep me on the MM list!!! > > (Look at me! Look at me!) > > And want to add . . . I love Patty just the way she is. I want an > artist to be true and honest. That's all I expect. > > Take Care, > > Julie > > Sharon Bolton ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 21:12:40 EDT From: Jon45678@aol.com Subject: Re: MM: Re: song request issue In a message dated 9/12/05 3:33:40 PM Pacific Daylight Time, iceburrrg@hotmail.com writes: > I think it's in real poor taste that Jon compares the actions of MM fans to > a killer. Emma, don't worry. I don't think you are a psycho. Geez, Paul--I was doing nothing of the sort! And I wasn't assuming ANYONE on this list is a "psycho". Like you, I believe that "people are basically kind, good and honest." But the truth is that our society IS different than when you and I were kids (as John Lennon discovered in his final moments of life) and therefore, artists generally are and need to be more careful in their dealings with fans--who are, of course, usually strangers to them. Ciao for now, JON BRYANT ------------------------------ End of mad-mission-digest V9 #174 *********************************