Registry Closing FAQ
- First of all, maintaining the registries means a lot of work. One hour per week is the absolute minimum. That was okay when I was still a student but it is too much now that I'll have a full-time job. Besides, there are other registries on the Web that can do the job nicely.
- But the registries were the best thing at Mouth Jewelry!?
- I fear that many people will think so. The registries were the liveliest part of the site, that's for sure. But that was definitely not what I had in mind. I thought that the registries should be just one more service at the site, not the only point of attraction.
- What's next? Will the whole site be closed down soon?
- I don't think so - but I haven't made up my mind yet. In the future I want to focus on those parts of the site that are unique on the Web. That's why I created the spin-off Braces in... which replaces the Movies and TV series sections. Other sections that are done better on other sites (like stories, links, etc.) may also be closed soon - in the interest of all vistors.
- But doesn't the Braces in... site also require a lot of work?
- No. All Web pages are automatically created from two Excel sheets.
Comments? Write to email@example.com .